Grace Church Bath
- Designated Safeguarding Lead: G King by emailing safeguardingGCB@gmail.com
- Safeguarding Deputy: B Kennedy by emailing safeguardingGCB2@gmail.com
- Pastor: Via the contact us page HERE
Diocese of Bath and Wells
- Safeguarding Adviser: Glenys Armstrong 01749 685135
- Assistant Safeguarding Adviser: Helen Humphreys 01749 685103
Safeguarding at Grace Church
As The Bible reveals, God is concerned for all people, but He has a special concern for those in society who are vulnerable. As ambassadors for God in His world we at Grace Church Bath (GCB) share His concerns. We take very seriously, therefore, the safeguarding of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We are committed to safe practices, safe recruitment, and ensuring that GCB is a Safe Space For All.
The GCB Leadership Team, comprising of the Pastor, Elders and Core Group, have agreed a Safeguarding Policy, ‘Grace Church Bath: A Safe Space For All’, which is available HERE. This policy exists within the wider policies of the Diocese of Bath and Wells, available HERE and the Church of England Parish Safeguarding Handbook, available HERE
What to do if….
- …you are a child and you want to talk to someone about things that are happening to you that you do not like or are worried about. You can contact Childline on 0800 1111 , or click THIS LINK to the Childline website or the website of the NSPCC HERE
- …you are an adult and you want to access support or advice about something that is happening to you. Call ‘Action on Elder Abuse’ on 0808 808 8141 or click THIS LINK for information about available services.
- …you want to report a safeguarding concern to the statutory authorities in BANES
- If you feel that you or someone else is in immediate danger then you should always call 999 and ask for the police.
- For non-emergency matters call the police on 101 and you will be put through to the area police force.
- For Children’s Social Care call 01225 396312 or 01225 396313. If out of hours calls the Emergency Duty Team on 01454 615165.
- For Adult Social Care call the safeguarding team on 0300 247 0201. If out of hours call the Emergency Duty Team on 01454 615165.
Please remember after you have contacted statutory services to also contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Team as well.